Wednesday 1 January 2014

Best of 2013

The Great Gatsby


A lot of people criticized Baz Luhrmann for this rendition of the Great Gatsby, but I really enjoyed it.. And I have to say, it's always a pleasure watching Leonardo DiCaprio, he is truly an astounding actor.


Prisoners


Prisoners was so gripping I feared I might fall of the seat towards the end, with a brilliant storyline, brilliant acting and some fantastic cinematography. 

The Hunger Games:  Catching Fire



As far as family films go, the Hunger games trilogy is one of my modern day favourites. I love Jennifer Lawrence, and the cast in general actually!

Gangster Squad



Another film I absolutely loved but I didn't hear much about. Ryan Gosling has to be one of the best actors out there at the moment, and I loved the style the film had, it was so smooth

Captain Phillips



A really outstanding true story and Tom Hanks does it so much justice, he even managed to make me cry!


Here's hoping 2014 is such a good year for film!

No comments:

Post a Comment