Tuesday 8 October 2013

Title Sequence and the blurring tool in Flash

Today in class we practiced doing a title sequence. We practiced using key frames and frames to make our name and a Title fade in and out on screen.

I need to think about my title sequence, and how it will tie in to the following scenes. For me it is not necessary that I use the text tool to write the title sequence, I think it might be nice to hand draw it. Especially as this is a cartoon, it will tie in with the rest of the animation.
We then learnt to take a photographic image from the internet and convert it to a bitmap, this means we could use it in our animation as a background. We then played with tinting to edit the photo. 

 

We talked about the importance of backgrounds, I need to make a list of backgrounds I want to use in my final animation, and then add this to my final list of things I need.

 

We then worked on using different layers with different movie clips within them, and blurring them at different levels to create a sense of depth in the shot.

 

 


 

This is going to be important when it comes to making my animation as I really want to use depth of field effectively.

 

We then learnt how to use a mask layer to hide something in a shot behind it. We took the example of the ladder and boat in the Pixar short “Le Luna” where the ladder appears from behind the boat.

  

The finished effect looked like this

 


 

I need to draw my storyboards for my final animation.

 

“Whatever the length or style of film being considered, however, it is a fundamental requirement of the process that the animators fully understand what they are seeking to achieve with each scene from the get-go.” (White, 2012)

This quote shows the importance of the storyboarding process and emphasises the relevance of understanding each part of my animation and knowing what scenes I will need to make, before I begin the production.

No comments:

Post a Comment