Monday 23 September 2013

Oliviero Toscani and his Benetton campaign


It was very interesting to learn about the rise and fall of Oliviero Toscanis relationship with United Colors of Benetton. I think "shock factor" advertising is a very risky technique, and it's interesting how he can do it for so long and seem to be getting it all right, before crashing down just for one misjudged idea. I'll be making sure I think of all the possible reactions to any campaigns I create before I put posters all around the world.

We also have to think about what Film director we are going to do for our Auteur study, some particular favourites of mine spring to mind...


Christopher Nolan

Michel Gondry
Wes Anderson
Coen Brothers
Ang Lee
Danny Boyle

I might use this an excuse to have a movie marathon this weekend, I've got some hard choices to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment