Tuesday 24 September 2013

Tweening in Flash

Today we learnt how to create a graphic that is separate from the background stage, and how all these graphics can be stored in the ‘Library’, to be dropped into your animation when you need it. I have learnt how to create a range of simple animations, using these graphics.

 The first thing we learnt is how to use key frames to create a simple stop motion of a face going from neutral to happy and back again. We learnt that combining this with the ‘Onion skin’ tool meant that we could create a smoother transition between key frames, as it allows you to see what was drawn in the previous frame while you are drawing the next one.

One thing I found particularly helpful in this lesson is to remember that the little black dots on the timeline symbolise a key frame. A key frame means that I want to change something, make something move.
We also learnt how to do a simple motion tween of an object simply moving across a screen, I created a tween of some clouds drifting through the air at different speeds and angles.


Each of the clouds was in a different layer so I could make them go in different directions and different times. I like this idea of clouds floating about for a title sequence.
It’s very important that I know exactly what graphics I will need in my final animation, including all the different moving parts.
“Understand what you need to achieve. This means that with whatever form od animation being attempted, the animator must first full understand the story, the emotion, the motivation, the continuity (in other words, the scene with the scenes around it), and of course, the character acting needs for any particular scene.” (White, 2012)
I think this quote explains clearly the need to have all the elements of the animation planned out. I need to create a list of what I will need in each scene so that I can use this when making the final product.
We started to use other effects like rotating and blurring to create a short animation of a spaceship moving through the sky. I can use the blurring in particular in my animation to create the impression of things being further away in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment